Happy New Year, Stampin' Up! Artisan Blog Hop


Now that Christmas is over, it's time to get ready to welcome in the New Year.  This year my Stampin' Up! dreams to be an Artisan Design team member were realised.  I wonder what exciting adventures await in 2016?

Before I share a little about my card design today, I just wanted to give a big thank you to everyone who has supported my crafty ventures in 2015.  Whether you shared an encouraging comment here on the blog or on facebook, attended class, joined my Stampin' Up! team, placed a Stampin' Up! order and/or purchased some cards or invitations from me - I'm so grateful to you for keeping me going and brightening my days! Thank you.


I came up with two designs to send Happy New Year wishes out with this year.  In this first project I featured a bunch of soft balloons from the Balloon Celebrations set that will be available later this week when the Occasions catalogue launches. The balloons are decorated with numbers from the Back to Basics Alphabet from the main catalogue and I've added a touch of shimmer with the new clear Wink of Stella pen.


While in my first card I went with silver by way of a washi tape border, I opted to go with a touch of gold on my second design and used some patterned gold vellum for the background.  The little 2016 initially started out as balloons and then I cut them down into banner shapes.  The banner strings I created by positioning the balloon string stamp on the clear mount block so that it formed a curve.

To colour the 'happy' I first stamped some white with a Work of Art ink swipe in bermuda bay and then stamped the wording over the top in black.  I then handcut these letters and adhered them to the card front.


See you in 2016! I am looking forward to seeing what the New Year brings!

Now be sure to head on over to see what the talented Jessica Williams and the rest of the Artisan Design Team have in store for you!

Bloghop button_0915

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

14 comments

  1. Such gorgeous cards, Jennifer! I love the attention to detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards, Jennifer! I love the sentiment you chose for the first card. That's perfect for a New Year's card. Wishing you a wonderful 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these cards are great! I love the color combo and whole design of the first card. And, punching the balloons into banners and using the balloon string that way...brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Jenn - GREAT cards! So HAPPY you are part of the Artisan Design Team. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Jenn - GREAT cards! So HAPPY you are part of the Artisan Design Team. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your cards!!! The ballons look so great and the colorcombo is perfect!

    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfection! I love them both in so many different ways!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These cards are both gorgeous. I love the use of washi tape, the balloons cut into banners and the balloon string curved into banner strings. So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am such a fan of everything you create Jenn! Best of luck on the ADT adventure! ~hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cards and love the way you did the banners. SO cute. Happy New Year! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. All your work is beautiful! Artisan award is well deserved. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, I love your balloon card! I don't usually like balloons on cards at all, but yours look just right with the overlap and the strings and the "2016". Super job!!

    ReplyDelete